March 03, 2022
LLC VK (registered at Moscow, Leningradskiy prospect, 39, bldg. 79, 125167), hereinafter “we”, “our” or “us”, assures that it will protect and observe the confidentiality of information received by us in the process of using ICQ NEW Services by users.
Collection of your ICQ NEW Services Information
ICQ NEW may collect certain information about you when you interact with the ICQ NEW Services. Depending on how you use the ICQ NEW Services, your “ICQ NEW Services Information” may include:
- Registration-related information (such as name, home or work addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, birth date or gender);
- Information made available by you in Public Areas (as defined below);
- Information about your visits to the various ICQ NEW Services, and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on these ICQ NEW Services;
- Information about the searches you perform through the ICQ NEW Services and how you use the results of those searches;
- Information about the ICQ NEW Services, offerings and features that you use, including, without limitation, how frequently you use them
- Transaction-related information;
- Customer service information about you as an ICQ NEW Services user or subscriber;
- Data regarding your location for the purpose of enabling location based services
- Information about mobile devices used to access ICQ NEW including UDID (Unique Device Identifier)
- Certain technical information gathered or received when you use the ICQ NEW Services, including, without limitation, browser type, operating system, connectivity, IP address, geographic location, and ISP
- If you are using ICQ NEW Mobile ICQ NEW may collect and store the address book (names and phone numbers only) on your mobile phone. ICQ NEW will use such address book solely for the following purposes:
- To identify if anyone on your address book is using ICQ NEW and to inform you of such use by such user
- To inform you when someone in your address book registers to ICQ NEW
- To integrate such users into your ICQ NEW contact list and enable you to communicate with those contacts in your address book that have registered to ICQ NEW.
In addition, many software versions provided by ICQ NEW ("Software") are configured to automatically report back information relating to computer errors arising in connection with use of the Software, without notice to you. Information on your Software configuration settings may be included. This data is sent to ICQ NEW to help us diagnose performance issues with, and improve, the Software.
Your ICQ NEW Services Information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies.
How Your ICQ NEW Services Information is Used
Your ICQ NEW Services Information is used to:
- Operate and improve the Software, Web sites, services and offerings available through the ICQ NEW Services;
- Provide to you personalized content, services and advertisements;
- Fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services;
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- Conduct research about your use of the ICQ NEW Services;
- Send you materials regarding ICQ NEW products, programs, or services that may be of interest to you, including any new services, products or value added services;
- We can transfer your phone number to our service clientapi.mail.ru for the purpose of validation and spam counteraction.
A cookie is a small text file transferred to your computer that records information about your preferences and use of services. Such cookies may also include cookies which help ICQ NEW to identify your location while others may assist ICQ NEW in remembering certain settings that you have chosen. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit that Web page, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing that page. You can control cookies through your browser's settings. If you reject all cookies, however, you may not be able to take advantage of many of the ICQ NEW Services offerings.
In order to provide you with certain services, and except as specified below, ICQ NEW may share with third parties certain information that is not personally identifiable. Any personal identifiable information may be shared with third parties when:
- We have your prior consent to disclose such information;
- We need to disclose such information to fulfill a transaction you have requested;
- (i) We are required to disclose such information to authorized officers of the court in order to comply with valid legal process or (ii) to act in other circumstances in which ICQ NEW believes the ICQ NEW Services is being used illegally or in the commission of a crime or (iii) when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or (iv) when necessary either to protect the rights or property of ICQ NEW or its users (v) or to enforce and/or investigate terms of service violations. In such cases the contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as an ICQ NEW Services user (e.g. IP address), may be disclosed
- We need to send such information to a third party contractor, company, partner or affiliated company which works with ICQ NEW in helping us operate the ICQ NEW Services and provide our services to you. In such circumstances we will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service;
In the event that ownership of the ICQ NEW Services was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company, your ICQ NEW Services information may be transferred.
Furthermore, when a user registers to the ICQ NEW Services such user will be searchable through the ICQ NEW public directories. ICQ NEW users may search the ICQ NEW directories for other users based on the information provided by such users, including, name, ICQ NEW#, phone number etc. and add such users to their contact list. Once a user has added you to their contact list they may view your online/offline presence unless otherwise selected via your security and privacy settings. Please note that if you’ve registered through a mobile device using your phone number then any other ICQ NEW user that has your phone number in their address book may be able to view your online presence regardless of your security and privacy settings.
ICQ NEW Account and Password
The holder of an ICQ NEW account and password has the ability and discretion to edit the user details provided in the user profile for such account. For this reason and other reasons it is very important to choose a difficult password, to keep your password in a safe place and to use updated anti-virus software. It is your responsibility to keep your password and username secure.
Advertising and Added Value Services
ICQ NEW may display various types of advertising to you throughout the ICQ NEW Services and may provide you with certain added value services to enhance your Web browsing experience (i.e. a comparison shopping feature). Certain advertising and added value services displayed may be based, among other things, on certain keywords you’ve entered, search queries, interests added to your profile (or other locations within the ICQ NEW Service), or the content of a Website that you are viewing. For example, when visiting a sports Website ICQ NEW may present you with ads related to sports gear or when viewing a camera on a certain ecommerce site ICQ NEW may present with you alternative prices from other web sites.
Our Commitment to Security
ICQ NEW has established safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your ICQ NEW Services Information, but cannot guarantee that your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed (for example, as a result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate applicable law or the policies of the ICQ NEW Services and its affiliated providers).
General Internet Hazards
You should be aware that receiving files from third parties, via any application (e.g. ICQ NEW, email, etc.) may be harmful. Before receiving any files from any user, and even if the account from which the file transfer notice is sent looks familiar to you, it is strongly recommended that you verify that the person sending you these files is indeed the person you think he is, for example by asking him for some kind of information known only to the two of you. Please make sure not to receive files from users you do not trust, from users you are not sure they are whom they say they are or whenever you are not sure you want to receive the files.
This Agreement and the Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules. Please note that your use of the ICQ NEW Services may be subject to other local, state, national, and international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with ICQ NEW or relating in any way to your use of the ICQ NEW Services resides in the courts of the Russian Federation in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving ICQ NEW or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
Special Note for Parents or Legal Guardians
Parents and guardians who would like to permit their children to use the ICQ NEW Services should assist them in setting up their ICQ NEW account and supervise their use of the ICQ NEW Services. The ICQ NEW Services may contain certain content that is not appropriate for children. As parents and guardians it is your responsibility to supervise your children’s use of the ICQ NEW Services and restrict any use of ICQ NEW Services which may not be appropriate for your child.
How to Contact Us
Обновлено 3 марта 2022 г.