Rules for distributing invitations
If your service prompts users to import their address book in order to subsequently send invitations to their contacts' email addresses, then you must follow the rules and recommendations below to avoid irritating users, which could ultimately result in your distribution being blocked.
- Users entering their credentials must be informed that invitations will be distributed in their name.
- Users must be able to select the contacts they wish to receive an invitation.Do not have all contacts selected by default. Instead, give users the ability to select all of the contacts by using a special (Select All) button.
- Sending messages to contacts that a user has not explicitly selected is not allowed.
- The invitation message must clearly indicate who it is from and why it was sent.We recommend adding the inviter's email address or a link to their profile on your portal (service).
- The message must include a simple (no password or registration required) method of unsubscribing from receiving such messages. Moreover, sending similar messages to users who have unsubscribed from them isn't allowed.
- Sending an email invitation to the same user isn't permissible more than once every two weeks.In all, we recommend sending an email invitation to the same user no more than 3-4 times.
- Sending more than 500 email invitations per week from the same user isn't allowed.
- Offering various incentives to users for distributing invitations isn't recommended.
- Including additional advertising in the email invitation isn't recommended.
- Prior to sending it, we recommend showing users a preview of the email invitation that will be sent in their name.
Was this information helpful?