You can use filters to set up automatic processing of incoming messages. For example, you can configure filters in such a way that messages received from a particular sender would be automatically moved to a specific folder or marked as read.
To set up filters:
- Tap the “Menu” icon.
- Swipe down, tap the “Settings” icon and go to the “Filters” section.
- Select the mailbox for which you want to set up filters.
- To add a filter, tap on the “Add” icon in the upper right corner of the screen. On the next page, in the “From:” field, enter the addresses of senders whose messages you want to filter. In the “Move to” field, select a folder you want the messages to be moved to. To mark messages as read, check the “Mark as read” box. If you want to apply the new filter to messages that are in your “Inbox” already, check “Apply to Inbox now”. Once the new filter is configured, tap “Done” — the filter is now created.
- To modify an existing filter, tap on the “Edit” icon next to a filter, make the desired changes and tap “Done”.
- To delete a filter, tap on the “Delete” icon next to it.
You can also create a filter directly from the message page. To do this, open a message from or to a contact whose messages you want to filter, then tap on his or her name in the “From:” or “To:” field (to see the “To:” field, tap “Details”). On the next screen, tap “Filter”. You will see the filter creation menu with the “From:” field already filled out.