The app enables you to search emails by their content and properties.
To find a message, tap the “Search” icon and specify the search criteria:
- To find a message by its content, enter a word or phrase contained in the email;
- To find emails from a particular sender, tap “From:” and enter the sender's address;
- To find emails sent to a specific recipient, tap “To:” and enter the recipient's address;
- To find a message by subject, tap “Subject:” and enter the text.
You can also start your search directly from the message page. To do this:
- Open a message from or to a contact whose messages you want to find.
- Tap on his or her name in the “From:” or “To:” field (to see the “To:” field, tap “Details”).
- On the next screen, tap “Search”.
You will see a list of all messages received from this contact, with indication of folders where the messages are located.
You can narrow down the search results by filtering:
- Only new messages — check “Unread”;
- Only flagged messages — check “Flagged”;
- Only messages with files — check “With Attachments”;
- Only messages within a certain period — set the desired time range in the “Date” field;
- Only messages in a specific folder — select the desired location in the “Folder” field.
You can also filter messages in a folder by various properties:
- To view only unread messages, tap on the drop-down arrow next to the folder name at the top of the screen and tap the icon;
- To view only flagged messages, tap on the drop-down arrow next to the folder name at the top of the screen and tap the icon;
- To view only messages with files, tap on the drop-down arrow next to the folder name at the top of the screen and tap the icon.
Similarly, you can filter messages by these criteria in all folders of your mailbox at once. To do this, tap on the “Menu” icon above the message list, swipe down and select “Unread”, “Flagged”, or “With attachments”.